Monday, December 3, 2007

December already?

Kelly and I and the cutest almost 7 month old baby in the world picked out our Christmas tree on Sunday. Enjoy the pictures. Maddie wants to tell Grannie Annie and Grandpa, "thank you for the coat"
Maddie has started crawling a little bit. Pretty soon, she'll be raking all the leaves in the back yard.
I went deer hunting for the first time ever this past weekend. We stayed at Mama C's house-that's my friend TJ's grandma. They have a bunch of land down in Duplin County. We left Friday night, hunted Saturday morning and Saturday evening and then headed back to the 'Boro. I don't know what it is about getting up at quarter til five and sitting in a stand watching the sun come up, but it was awesome. Just as cool, is sitting in the stand watching the sun go down in the same day. For those of you that want to know, I had my chances at an 8 pointer but missed. Oh well, it was a successful hunt because it everyone had a fun time and everyone came out of the woods safe. I'd like to thank my guide, TJ Beroth, for inviting me on this trip.
Here is a picture of Matt, Greg, myself, TJ and Mama C

6 comments:

Marshall Benbow said...

This has nothing to do with your post, but I spent an afternoon at ECU last week with my sister, who is a sophomore there, and was really impressed with the campus - very pretty and looked like a nice place to go to school. Also, I thought the drive from Raleigh to Greenville was awesome - beautiful. I see why you love your home.

Charlie said...

thanks marshall, next time UNC plays in Greenville--I'll try to get you a ticket! Maybe EC will win again...

kelly said...

i know your hunting trip was so much fun for you--i am glad you were able to go. i'm also secretly glad that you missed (guess the secret's out now). i like hearing about the sunrises and sunsets much better than hearing about your pursuit to kill bambi.

Anonymous said...

I know the deer population needs to be checked and one way is through hunting but I too don't really mind if you miss your target. The photos of Maddie Grace are awesome.
Grannie Annie

Whitney Hannam said...

Charlie, next time a deer is going down. Dude, a deer head would look SWEET in your living room!

mh

Unknown said...

Love the post and picture. All I have to say Charlie is that next year the deer better watch out because here we come!